Friday, February 17, 2012

Twitter...Here I come!

I have finally entered the 21st century!  I now have a Twitter account so look out world!

I never gave Twitter much of a chance.  I considered it to be a sounding board for mindless comments or posts about nothing important.  After the discussion in my SEDU 183 class, about Twitter and other social media being implemented into education, I am now more apt to consider the potential of social media.  I am willing to look deeper into the possibilities that social media can provide.

Being able to be connected to students, faculty, administration, and parents give an educator advantages that were not available just a few years ago.  The fact that updates on homework, meetings and upcoming events are just a few click away can be a valuable asset.

I am not going to tell you that I will be tweeting all day long nor will I assume that I will have many followers.  But I am confident that I will explore the possibilities/tools at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment