Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cool Tool for School


This website is basically spark notes on steroids!  It is a bank of online study guides ranging from literature, to SAT prep to biology and algebra.  Every topic has an different tabs for: Intro, Summary, Themes, Quotes, Characters, Analysis, Questions, Photos, Quizzes and Best of the Web.  You can study for a test, research a paper, take a quiz, look at pics and so much more.

The site is awesomely designed and pretty easy to navigate.  You just select a genre, narrow down your search, and go!  If you are interested and want to know more you can take a Shmoop Tour.

The two main reasons I picked this site were:
1.  It has a large wealth of information and resources as well as links to related topics.
2.  It was cool looking.

If I am going to be spending any amount of time on a website it better be helpful and not a killer to look at.  I don't know how many times I ignore web pages because they are bland and all words.  You give me a picture or two and you can count me it.  Yes I was that kid who hated the books without pictures.

I think this site can be helpful to all ages of students as well as teachers.  I can see myself encouraging my students to look at the quiz questions on SHMOOP to prepare for a bonus quiz the next day.

All I have to say is that it is a pretty sweet site and I think you should pick my blog as your number one Cool Tool for School!

Thanks all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment